Indian Ocean, Gulf of Guinea & Southeast Asia (8 – 14 Nov 16)
- No incident was recorded within the reporting period.
- The European Union’s counter-piracy naval force (EU NAVFOR) indicated that the attack targeting the CPO KOREA 300nm off Somalia on 22nd October was conducted by pirates.
Gulf of Guinea
- One incident was reported.
- A pipeline was attacked in Delta State on 08th November.
- Six incidents were recorded over the reporting period.
- Four incidents of kidnapping were reported in the Sulu and Celebes seas. A total of nine sailors were abducted.
- Two robberies occurred in the Dumai and Davao anchorages on 09th and 06th November respectively.
Download the comprehensive Maritime Threat Report via the following link MTR 8 – 14 Nov 16
This report is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this report. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information within the report but Salama Fikira can take no responsibility for inaccuracies of fact or deduction. All images are subject to copyright.