Executive Summary 10 – 16 May 2017
Key Political Updates
- On 21st July, Acting for Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Coordination of National Government, Fred Matiang’I, indicated that only IEBC accredited officials shall be allowed in polling stations.
- The printing of presidential ballot papers commenced following the Court of Appeal ruling on 20th July dismissing a previous judgment that halted the process.
- Recently released presidential polls indicate that the presidential election results will be closer.
Key Security Updates
- Twelve incidents of politically-motivated violence were recorded over the reporting period.
- Areas of concern included Laikipia, Uasin Gishu, Homa Bay and Elgeyo Markwet counties.
- Clashes between political supporters made up the majority of incidents. Further incidents may be witnessed in the near future
The complete report is available for download at the following link: Kenya Election Update 27 Jul 17
This report is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this report. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information within the report but Salama Fikira can take no responsibility for inaccuracies of fact or deduction. All images are subject to copyright.