Head of Operations
Salama Fikira Headquarters
Salama Fikira is an authoritative risk management consultancy based in Nairobi, Kenya. Established in 2005 to provide international security services across Africa supporting multi-sector industries.
Salama Fikira operates in difficult and complex environments, offering support to corporations, governments and private clients. Comprehensive project planning, robust logistics and in-depth information support across the company are trademarks of quality of service provision and delivery. Salama Fikira is managed by professionals drawn from a range of government, private sector and military backgrounds.
The employee is to be aware of the Company mission statement and practice therein its intent.
“The SF Group mission is to provide the highest possible standard of protection, security and advice to its clients, whilst ensuring value for money and excellence in delivery.”
To facilitate the implementation of the Security Plan on behalf of Salama Fikira’s clientele ensuring that quality assurance and quality control are adhered through all phases of the process in order to mitigate against risk and threats faced by the client.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Responsible for generating and managing reports
- Responsible for security planning
- Procuring, liaising with and managing security related services
- Monitoring the security situation and subsequently advising the client with sound advise
- Understand all SF security services and protocols
- To keep continually under review all safety and security procedures and policies, ensuring that they are kept relevant to the evolving safety and security context of each location.
- Ensure that all preparedness measures as laid out in the security guidelines are in place, in particular evacuation plans and security trees.
- Implement and advise on in-country training for staff in relation to safety and security
- Security / Risk Management degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years management experience within the sector
- Good understanding of international risk best practices (e.g. ISO 31000 / ISO 22301)
- Must have strong communication skills
- Proven track of good client/account relationship management
- Excellent command of English language in both written and verbal mediums
- Strong command of Kiswahili written and spoken
- Good Computer skills proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel are essential
- Client interface, sensitivity, and hard work often at unusual hours of the day given the spread of our activities and client locations
- An awareness of external influences, such as legislation within legal, national and HSSE frameworks
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, diplomatic tact, and mature common sense
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure