Security Political Analyst
The analyst will report dually to the Head of Office in Tanzania for direct management, and to the Head of Information Department in Nairobi for reporting work. The analyst will be fully integrated into the department’s functions and procedures, responsible for the production of reports, alerts, and briefings. Duties will include:
- Flash security incident alerting and backlogging via Salama Fikira BREATHE
- Research through open sources online and in written media on political and security matters in Tanzania.
- Report writing on weekly and monthly basis, and following security incidents and political developments of concern to clients.
Duration: Full time pending successful completion of three month trial period.
- Degree in political science, security studies, international relations, journalism, or in other relevant field.
- Experience in analysis of security and political situation in Tanzania.
- Impeccable attention to detail in report writing, with an eye for formatting, grammar and spelling errors.
- Fluent in Swahili and English.
- Legally entitled to work in Tanzania.
- Demonstrable interest in the security situation both on and offshore East Africa.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience in data collection and entry.
- Comfortable with geo-spatial analysis.
Full details can be downloaded here SF Analyst Dar es Salaam in Tanzania