DRC Weekly Sitrep (28 Oct – 3 Nov 16)
- Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) militants continue to target civilians in North Kivu province. ADF militants raided Kitevya village, Beni, on 31st October killing seven civilians.
- Patriotic Resistance Front in Ituri (FRPI) militants remain involved in criminal activity in Ituri province. A FRPI militiaman ambushed a motorcyclist on 29th October along the route between Ndende and Badya, resulting in a fatality.
- Four incidets of kidnapping were recorded over the reporting period. A senior Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) officer was abducted in Kinshasa on 25th October by assaillants suspected to be security forces.
- Five incidents of civil unrest were recorded during reporting the period. Causal factors included insecurity, politics and wages. Seven individuals were seriously injured during clashes between police and supporters of the “Rassemblement” opposition platform in Lubumbashi, Haut Katanga province, on 29th October.
Politics and Miscellany
- Reports emerged regarding the alleged embezzlement of USD 2m from Commission Electorale Nationale Indépendante (CENI).
- On 29th October, the Movement for the Liberation of Congo (MLC), an opposition party, and its affiliates created a new political platform named “The Front for the Respect of the Constitution.”
Download the comprehensive DRC Weekly Sitrep via the following link DRCWeekly Sitrep 28 Oct – 3 Nov 16
This report is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this report. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information within the report but Salama Fikira can take no responsibility for inaccuracies of fact or deduction. All images are subject to copyright.